Sunday, January 25, 2009

25: Today's Lesson: Don't Walk Away

Don't Walk Away

When I was a kid, their was this a family that lived a few houses down from where I lived. They had one child. I remember his name was Chris. He was a little younger than me, quiet kid that kept to himself. Every once in awhile you'll see him with bruises and black eyes. His mother would take him to the bus stop every school morning. She would have bruises too. I told my parents what I noticed. I didn't know much about domestic abuse, but I knew the signs. My parents told me to not get involved. As time went on, they eventually moved out. I wondered if anybody did anything to help either one of them. I have another friend who was in an abusive relationship, she said her then boyfriend started to slap her and drag her in the car. She was shocked that nobody came to help her. She said they just walked away. How can people be so cold. Do the right thing and try to help people involved in domestic abuse. They may not be strong enough to get out but you can still help them find that strength to do it. All I have to say is karma. You'd always wonder what happened afterwards.

Enjoy the lifqual.

No comments: