Friday, July 25, 2008

Love

Love is a splendid thing. How can something that brings so much joy can also bring so much pain. I saw the new Gnarls Barkley video today and it reminded of the first time my heart was broken. Sometimes the break ups are ok and expected, but at times it hits you unexpectedly.

A girl I dated in high school was the love of my life. It was more than a teenage love affair. I wasn't infatuated, it was love. I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her. I had our lives and our future all planned out. Then right before graduation, she broke with me. I was destroyed. It was like running a million miles per hour and running straight into a brick wall. It was unexpected. Theirs still a place in my heart for her. No matter how hard I try to fill it, it ends up empty. I haven't seen her since graduation and I've always wanted to see her again. Perhaps it will stir up old memories. Maybe it's best that we never see each other. For all I know, she could want me even more and I would never know because I feel and fear that seeing her again would hurt me again. Love.

All this love talk makes me wanna call my girlfriend back home. Find love on this lifqual Friday. Enjoy yourself and have a lifqual day.

No comments: