Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I Am Colorado

Hypothetically chosen to rule the world, I am Colorado. I was conceived on the 4th night of the full moon to a man and woman who knew that that day would be the reckoning of the future. Growing up I never knew how special I really was. Chasing rockets with my imagination and grabbing tragedies as if it were candy. Life would never be the same. High school never knew the day. I look at my hands and felt the emotion that they can make. Tears never tasted so sweet. I grew older and entered college as if I had to. I molded minds and destroyed lives. I revolted and made peace. It was the day of a new beginning to a new end. Life passed me by. Years down the road with bloody footprints in the sand of my life I realize what I've done. I ended the world. As I lay on my death bed staring at nothingness through my blinded eyes of guilt, I come to realize my job is done. Time is short and life is everlasting. As I die on the 4th night of the full moon, a man and a woman greet me. 200 years ago would be my reckoning of the future. I am Colorado, and this is my end.

Enjoy the lifqual.

No comments: