Friday, February 08, 2008

The Kingdom

The room is dark so I light a match that illuminates a whole new world. The surroundings are bigger than I thought. I see life everywhere I look. I see trees and grass and animals and the sun trying to shine through the giant leaves. The wind blows and sounds like a train coming through. Tropical birds fly out and above me. The air is clean and pure as if it hasn't been tainted with pollution. I'm afraid to blink in fear that it is all a dream and I would wake up into a nightmare. Eventually I'm forced to blink. I close my eyes and everything goes silent. I open my eyes and the room is dark again. I light another match that illuminates something different. I see death everywhere I look. I see dead trees and brown grass with decomposed remains of animals. The sun is trying to shine through the thick cloud of smog. The wind blows and pushes up a horrible smell, the smell of death. I look up in the sky and see nothing but darkness. Life can't live like this. The air is tainted and rotting as if it has always been like this. I'm quick to close my eyes in hopes that this would all end and I would wake back up in a better time. But when I close my eyes the sound continues. I open them and the room is dark. I light the match to illuminate the room once again. I look around at the horror that nothing has changed. I realize that this is reality and now I must cope with a tainted world and learn to live again.

Living in a morbid world we must remember that we can change it. Have a lifqual day everybody and enjoy "Kingdom" by Dave Gahan

Get this widget Track details eSnips Social DNA

4 comments:

ysfb said...

Just put on some sunglasses and all will be good again.

ysfb said...

Happy Vday

ysfb said...

Happy belated Vday

ysfb said...

Just wanted to make it 4